Tuesday, April 22, 2008

9th Class - The Beast

I was restless the entire day because I was really looking forward to getting up into the sky. It has been a week since I last flew. Today I got booked onto Cherokee 2902S ("02 Sierra"). It is a 180 horsepower plane. As expected, I would be flying the traffic pattern to redeem myself from past humiliation and improve my landings. But redeem myself I could not. Compared to 777VP, 02 Sierra was a beast. It climbed incredibly fast and I had less time to react. I barely had a Crosswind leg. It was Upwind then flying in an arc into Downwind....

2 comments:

Gary said...

Keep posting! Keeping a journal really helped me get through those learning plateaus and we ALL get to experience them.

I fly an Piper Archer II and yes the 180 hp really climbs compared to the C152 or 172. I also think they land and fly much more stable.

Good luck in your quest for the Private Pilot License!

Parker said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences here on your blog --- I enjoyed this post, and I'm looking forward to more.