Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why oh why?

That was the question my mother posed to me when I told her of my intention to learn how to fly. Naturally she was absolutely horrified. When? How? Why? Well, a date, what I now call my five-night blind spot, took me on a plane ride around the LA area and over the mountains. The date didn't linger around but the memory of the ride certainly did. Aside from the stunning view at 5,000 ft high, something about riding in the front seat skimming over earth in such an intimate manner... it is truly a glorious feeling! And this is just gross hazy LA. With the ability to fly a plane the world becomes your backyard. I do love to travel and explore new places. My goals are not ambitious at the moment. It is for my pleasure alone. No commercial aspirations. Just a private pilot license to ferry myself and loved ones along the coast.

So the purpose of this blog is to detail my journey in exploring this desire of mine. I won't say passion yet. Although it'd be an expensive mistake to make should I fall out of love with it. I doubt I would though.

1 comment:

Karen said...

i can just hear your mom lol!

i'm looking forward to reading your personal progress... and to be someday in your plane! :)